The Dark Days Club by Alison GoodmanMy rating: 5 of 5 stars
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. It does not affect the outcome of my opinion in any way.
I read an excerpt of this title in Spring 2016 Penguin Teen Preview Sampler and knew I wanted to read the whole book. The start of the book makes it easy to recognize the British historical fiction genre, but I knew there was something unexpected coming, and was not disappointed. The paranormal twist was intriguing, since the reader learns her unknown skill set of a "Receiver" along with the main character, Lady Helen. Her life as a young lady in high society England in 1812 battles with her newly revealed proficiency, in a society teaming with "Deceivers". The romance is not heavy here (much to my liking), but there is some that moves along with the story. I am looking forward to the other titles in this series and recommend this book.
View all my reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment